1) Hi! Tell me about your band and what kind of previous experience do you have as musicians?
Hi, thank you for this interview. Aether Void have been founded in November 2017 from the ashes of “No Way Out”. Three of the former members, Albi (Drums), Bruso (Bass) and Erik (Guitar) decided to continue playing and composing together, so they built up a new musical project.
The line up was completed some months later, when two new members joined the group: Thore (ex Gorgeous) as vocals and Bond (ex Demolition Saint) as lead guitar.
In October 2018 we’ve completed the recording of our first studio album “Curse Of Life” at Art Distillery Studios in Modena, Italy.
Our sound is very powerful and aggressive heavy metal, with influences from both classic and modern.
2) Why did you pick your band name? How did you form? Why did you decide to play the genre or genres you do?
The name “Aether Void” was proposed by Thore at the beginning of our story. The name is the metaphor of the confusion and loneliness that everyone feel in their own life. It’s the union of something extremely positive in the ancient philosophy (Aether) and something else extremely negative (the Void).
3) What can you tell us about your latest record?
“Curse of life” is the conclusion of a long period of compositions and sound research.
We’ve started to record the album in october 2018.
All the themes in the album are a part of everyone’s life. We’re constantly in search of our own identity and a satisfying position inside the society.
Some of these themes are: the faith, the deception, the death but also self-redemption.
“Curse of Life” connects two opposed concepts: the first extremely negative (the curse) and the second deeply positive (the life).
4) What the kind of album feedbacks are you waiting for?
It’s always a pleasure to recive some good feedbacks from webzines and radio. However we are proud of our work and we want to keep on this way.
5) Are you gonna to make some world tour in the future? Do you think this is available for everybody option to tour around the globe? What do you think band have to do to get such opportunity?
It’s funny, that’s our dream. Unfortunately new bands like us haven’t enough money to do that. By now if you wanna play in the greatest festivals you had to pay a lot of money to buy your participation at the show. This happend also for smaller events.
6) Do you believe in heavy music scene without money?
No more, if we want to see how the real world works
7) What do you think about online music sharing? Do you ever give your music away for free? Why?
It’s so positive as negative… we never give away our music for free ’cause we spend a lot of time, energy, money and porpose to make our music and to record it in a professional way.
8) Who are your musical influences? Have you ever think your band could be so famous as your favorites?
Iron Maiden, without any doubt, are our most influences band. However, everyone of us is inspired by some different bands like Iced Earth, Trivium, Testament, Anthrax, Annihilator and many more.
9) Do you have a formal music education? Do you think it’s a Kind of important thing?
We have a basic music education in fact we’re all studying. It’s definitely an important thing for a musician!
10) How do you balance your music with other obligations – mate, children, job?
We are 5 different mate with different obligations but our music came first because it’s our real passion.
11) How do you handle mistakes during a performance? Or you can assure there are no any mistakes during your gigs? Do you get nervous before a performance or a competition?
Everyone commits mistakes during a live performance. The most important thing is to hide ’em as well as possible and enjoy the moment.
12) What’s next? Thank you!
Now we are focused on the promotion of our album. We will release 2 other music video in the next few months but first of all our aim is to play live in many different countries to share our music with fans.