Hi! Tell me about your band and what kind of previous experience do you have as musicians?
– Hey. Oleg (guitarist) played in one indie band.
Woody (singer) sang in the Brilliant Coldness band before the war. Because of the war, the band broke up and everyone went to different cities.
So Woody and met with Oleg in Kiev.
Why did you pick your band name? How did you form? Why did you decide to play the genre or genres you do?
– We chose our name because we have a space theme.
We always want to make the most progressive music with high-speed technique.
What can you tell us about your latest record?
– We worked on the album for a long time. The sound engineer hated us because we almost lived in his studio. But for us, working on music is the best pastime.
What the kind of album feedbacks are you waiting for?
– We expect good reviews, especially from progressive metal fans.
But we mixed a lot of styles in our songs. Therefore, I think the album should appeal even to fans of screamo, and fusion.
Are you gonna to make some world tour in the future? Do you think this is available for everybody option to tour around the globe? What do you think band have to do to get such opportunity?
– In 2019, we will perform only at festivals. Then we will record a new album, and then we will definitely organize a tour.
It’s pretty hard to organize good concerts without money. Therefore, we are actively working on financing future events.
Do you believe in heavy music scene without money?
– Music is also a business. But of course, musicians should first of all make music that they themselves like.
What do you think about online music sharing? Do you ever give your music away for free? Why?
– We have nothing against online free music sharing. We want our music to be heard. It is most important. And we share our songs with all of our friends.
Who are your musical influences? Have you ever think your band could be so famous as your favorites?
– We were definitely influenced by such bands as: Born of Osiris, Rings of Saturn, and guitarists: Jay Richardson and Sergey Golovin.
We dream one day to perform with them on the same stage.
Do you have a formal music education? Do you think it’s a Kind of important thing?
– Yes, we studied in music academies. And this is an important point if you really want to become a professional.
How do you balance your music with other obligations – mate, children, job?
– We specifically found a job to have time to play music. Oleg, for example, works on the night shift, and during the day he plays the guitar. Our bass player is a freelancer.
And Woody is a session musician.
Woody has a wife who always supports him. But parents often do not understand the occupation of music and consider it not serious.
How do you handle mistakes during a performance? Or you can assure there are no any mistakes during your gigs? Do you get nervous before a performance or a competition?
– We are seriously working to ensure that there is not a single mistake during our performs.
What’s next? Thank you!
– And then just go ahead! And do not give up!